I want make new network

gareb

Beta member
I have a normal network in my home , it is very simple just PC linked with ADSL+ROUTR , but I want to get some policies like block some website or applications . So now I thought change the formula of my network like attached image . but I do not know which Operating system Is better for security an get same policy or applications name to manage my network .and true way to make strong and speed network .

The Polices I want to get in my network .
1-Ever PC can print use same USB printer .
2-Monitor all website name user login in green area ( Same user is children ) .
3-Blocked same website and Applications .
4-Allow to use internet limited time ( like 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM can't use internet out of this time )
Hint :
All PC used windows home editions ( can change to professional ) . Server I can use Windows any versions or Linux like SUSE or MANDRIVE or FEDORA . the PC (X) is for administrator I want keep without policy just use network to mange sever and print , may be network graph is not true if is wrong tell my what is true .

New Network Graph

Most of that can be controlled through a normal router. The only thing I'm not positive about is the printer if it is connected to a computer and not like a printer server.

hi ...
how are you .
please explore how control with normal way .
no I use Linksys 200 WAG modem+ router

Most of that can be controlled through a normal router. The only thing I'm not positive about is the printer if it is connected to a computer and not like a printer server.

being the printer his hooked up to what he's using as a server. Even in xp home you can set up your computer as a print server. It can be done (I'm not sure how), but I know it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom