Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default I am connect to a wired network, but I have no internet...HELP!!!

So I am working over seas in china for the year. I was able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable for the last few weeks. When I first connected, I was connected to "Network 2", and everything was fine. Now, however, whenever I plug in my ethernet cord, I am only able to connect to "Network 3." When I connected to "Network 3", I do not have internet connection. (It says "No Network Access." I ran into this problem a few weeks ago, and was only able to fix it by doing a factory reset on my computer. I really don't want to keep having to do this every 2 weeks. Does anyone know what is going on? I have uninstalled my anti virus, and I don't think a firewall is blocking my connection. I have tried connecting my ethernet cable in different locations, and I get the same result.

I have a RealTek PCIe Family Controller LAC. In my adapter settings menu, this is labeled as "Local Area Connection." For some reason, I also have a "Local Area Connection 2". This is a Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6250. Should I have two LACs?

If you need any more info, please let me know. Thanks a bunch!

cmac739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via MSN to alex_boothby
Default Re: I am connect to a wired network, but I have no internet...HELP!!!

unplug the cable and try deleting the two connections, then plug it back in, hopefully it will create a new one and stop any possible conflicts?
alex_boothby is offline   Reply With Quote