How to make my connections faster with Cable

elitex109

Beta member
Well, I have cable internet provided by Cox. I was just wondering how I could make my connection faster.. example to xbox live. I have a modem and it is connected to a router. Thats basicly it.. and i need to know how to make the connection faster. Thanks.

Also, Is the router slowing my connection down?

ummm you can't really make it faster.. what you get is what you get.. if you want it faster call up COX and pay for more bandwidth..

to make the connection more reliable make sure your using CAT5(e) cables.. which most likely you are..but to make it faster theres really no way... and no the router does not slow down your connection.. only if you have like 10 computers online at the same time all downloading a huge file then yes it will split the connections.

if your connection is slow and it wasnlt like that before.. then theres something wrong with the router.

Try this: Buy a wireless device called 802.11 G and get a cabel modem. Set up the cable modem and wireless router and you shold get a few wireless networks in your area: connect to 1 thats unencrypted and has a goodm speed 2-5 stars

Back
Top Bottom