How can I monitor users over my wireless router?

gmb1994

Solid State Member
I have been using a wireless linksys router with cable internet for several months now. The router belongs to the landlady so I have not changed any of the configuration settings yet. Recently, I have noticed that my connection has slowed. I have also noticed other computers in my "network neighborhood". I am living in an apartment building with other wireless users and I'm starting to think that they are taking up my wireless bandwidth. I already know how to configure the wireless router to prevent unauthorized use.

But, before I disconnect them, which programs would allow me to see who is using our wireless router and how much traffic they are placing on it?

Here is a link to Neon Software Bandiwth monitoring software. I haven't had a need to use this type of monitoring software so I really can't give you any feedback on this software. Good luck!

just go to the router setup and enable wep encryption, that way noone can connect to it without having authorization from you.

Since I don't need the wireless portion, I disabled it. I always use the encryption when it's my personal wireless router. Thanks for the suggestions.

find out who is connecting, knock on their door and tell them if they want to continue, you need to get 10$ a month or whatever, and you can let them pay for your connection and maybe make a little extra.

Back
Top Bottom