Home Network

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
We have about 4 computers in the house all linked by lan/homenetwork and then to the internet which is broadband . A couple of questions.
1.When we all try to have a homepage which my bruv made the pictures are missing but on his computer they are there.The page is stored on his pc which is always on .
2. how do you get remote assitance working.cause we tick the box which says allow remote assistance and set it up with the right setting but it say not authorised .
Thanx People.
:)

Hmmm, are the pictures hosted on a Shared Drive?

Remote Assitance is an MSN thing - as far as I know if you click it on in there is will set itself up.

Use remote desktop if you have Xp pro. Do you have a webserver and everything running on your brothers computer?

The pictures are in a shared folder.I have remote desktop connect that what i mean't sorry guys. I can't get it to work over lan

GeforcebOY said:
The pictures are in a shared folder.I have remote desktop connect that what i mean't sorry guys. I can't get it to work over lan
Do you have any permissions over the shared folder?

No there just shared and they can be edited . It seems weird to me. It should work. but it ain't

could do. but what about the remote connection assitance thing which should allow you to take control of other peoples computers on the network. how do i get it to work.

GeforcebOY said:
could do. but what about the remote connection assitance thing which should allow you to take control of other peoples computers on the network. how do i get it to work.
Use remote desktop. Do you have XP Pro?

Back
Top Bottom