home made wifi antenna

jladdm3

Baseband Member
im looking to make a wireless antenna. it needs to be able to transmit 1/4 mile through the woods and trees. anyone want to show me theirs. and a over view of how to make one. that would be great thanks.

i have access to the router, so i can use some sort of an antenna on the router as well. How was the "cantenna" work? dont realy know how to make it....
im guessing one part of the connector from the wifi card needs to be connected to the inside of tha can and the other part needs to be grounded or somethin... not quite sure which is what and what goes where.

Woah - thats ace... 30 WLAN's in 2 Miles! 1/3 of them unsecure! Is connecting to a unsecure one classed as h4xx0r1ng?

Anyone know what type of connector the linksys router antennas are. i want to connect a coax cable to it so i can connect an antenna. the model is "wrt54g" thanks.

samurai said:
Woah - thats ace... 30 WLAN's in 2 Miles! 1/3 of them unsecure! Is connecting to a unsecure one classed as h4xx0r1ng?
no its not because they are exposing their internet signal. they discussed this on tv.

jladdm3 said:
Anyone know what type of connector the linksys router antennas are. i want to connect a coax cable to it so i can connect an antenna. the model is "wrt54g" thanks.
i believe the wrt54g doesnt have removable antennas. but i will look at mine.

http://www.hackaday.com/2005/02/20/a-better-wifi-antenna/

works better than a camtenna...

ideally the absolute best directional antenna would be a satalite dish, (because they are parabolic).
you can direct most (nearly all) of the signal in the correct direction. ensuring massive range.

it is possible to add an external antenna if your hardware doesn't have one... I'd be very surprised if an access point didn't have an antenna though.

The whole 30 WLAN's thing ensipred me to take my loptop throuhg a two hour car journey. Picked up 79 WLANS! A lot where owned by the goverment. Some where owned bt T Mobile!?!? I went to cheshire oaks, and there where like 20 within range!

Edit: Would it be possible to make an omni-directional wifi antena?

Back
Top Bottom