Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Beta Member
Unhappy Help Troubleshoot Wireless Adaptor Rescanning Issues

The Netgear wireless (card) # WPN 311.2 - originally setup with an older router using a WEP key, worked well for my daughter’s PC with Windows 2000. I recently updated my network by installing a new router (Qwest model Q-1000), which is WPA2. Now the wireless adaptor (still installed in my daughter’s PC) will not stay locked on the new router (network). It (the wireless adaptor) will find the network, but it keeps "losing" it and constantly rescans for a connection…. I cannot establish a connection.

Note: I updated the drivers for the Netgear adaptor via their website. Both the Qwest and Netgear tech reps have been of very little help in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you in advance for your support…

Ahh...I think I've found the problem...but I wonder if there is a "fix." After reading more, I now understand that Windows 2000 does not support the WPA2 protocol. Hum...it doesn't look like there are any Windows 2000 WPA2 upgrades either. I think maybe I'm at a dead end on this one.....

timequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Send a message via AIM to Rickeh69 Send a message via MSN to Rickeh69
Default Re: Help Troubleshoot Wireless Adaptor Rescanning Issues

Instead of using the bound Wireless Zero service that Windows provides, have you tried downloading your adapters SPECIFIC program instead?

Linksys has it's own program, so should Qwest and Netgear.
I hope I can help you in the future. Please feel free to contact me at anytime for IT-related questions.
Rickeh69 is offline   Reply With Quote