Help on portfowarding + VNC...not working.

Fee

Solid State Member
I have VNC server and VNC on my Iphone. I can connect and control my PC just fine as long as my phone is connected VIA my own home network...but when I am off the network there is no connection...I followed all instructions and fowarded the correct ports in the router...but when I use a port checker...none of the ports are reachable and everything that would keep those ports in use has been disabled...I see in the router settings that NAT is enabled...is this something that needs to be disabled first? because I have an outside IP address that starts at 64.x.x.x when my router is 192.168.2.2...any help on how to get these ports fowarded would be appreciated,...oh and yes I have given the correct permissions in my windows firewall...I have also tried disabling the firewall.

I have a Belkin f5d8233-4v3 and just today got a Cisco Linksys WRT160N V.3 that I am using right now..I just put the DD-WRT firmware on it. I have tried fowarding ports with both routers.

I start a test on the IP from my PC with VNC server and this is the message I get...

Connection test failed.

VNC Server appears to be behind a NAT router with IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. You will need to configure that router to forward port 5900 to this computer before you can connect to VNC Server over the Internet.

I've just recently fixed this problem myself.
The reason why your "forwarding ports" aren't working is probably because you haven't enabled the port in your router yet.
(this was my problem/fix)

What I did was access my router via web browser (192.168.0.1)
(You MUST have access to your router meaning you have the ID/Password to configure the router freely)
In my router,
I went to the Security tab and onto the "Port Forwarding" submenu.
From there I added/enabled the ports to allow the ports to be useable.

Hope this helps
(this was the method I fixed my port issue so it may be different for you)

Back
Top Bottom