Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default help. need better network signal

Hi, I hope i"m in the right forum. If not I appologize. I live on top of a mountain deep in the stix. Outside I get 2 or 3 bars of signal strength on my verizon cell phone. I bought a Verizon wireless network usb card for my laptop so I can get internet. We dont have cable or dsl internet available to us. But inside my house I sometimes only get 1 bar if that and get dropped about every 5 minutes from the net. What do I need to bring in a better signal to my wireless usb card? I was hoping to find something at a local store that way if it doesent work well in my area I could return fairly easy. Thank you very much for your help.

darkserpant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: help. need better network signal

Unfortunately, you are reliant completely on the Verizon waves getting to that particular device without interference/loss. You can try positioning the computer closer to your window, or ask Verizon if they have any advice.

Otherwise, to my knowledge at least, your not going to be able to do much else to expand the coverage of a wireless air card.

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

It is fully dependent on the verizon towers. I don't think there's much you can do. You could see if verizon will help you. Sorry I can't provide a better answer.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
Beta Member

You could try a satellite service provider. It is most often the case that where 3/4G do not reach, satellite is the only other viable option to receive internet connection. There are many available plans out there (check out: http://www.mybluedish.com/) and most are very affordable. Thus, if you are fed up with faulty wireless from verizon, it might be time to switch and go the alternate route of satellite.

I hope this helps!
sarahlauren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
In Runtime

You can make yourself a recieve look online how to make them they are cool you can make them powerful enough to steel a neighbors wireless over a block away had a friends buddy how was doing that and then selling off the wireless lmao
frank2085 is offline   Reply With Quote