help with laptop

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Today my friend got a net gear router and couldn't get on line, so I went round configured it, she now has her PC on line, she then said she had a new laptop which needed networking, so I turned it on and it was VISTA, it picked up the network and connected first time, I told her id have to encrypt the network so I selected 128 bit WEP , then generated the key, I then selected WEP on the laptop an typed the key in the password box but it wouldn't let me put the last digit in so I changed the WEP to 64 bit and tried again, it went in but came up with limited or no connectivity, as I was in a rush I tried to disable WEP in the router to give her her unsecured network back which it did, BUT when I click connect it says im connected, the signal strength is excellent, ut she cant get access the net or the router from the laptop. in the network properties it has two connection setting IPV4 AND IPV6, IPV4 says internet and IPV6 says limited, does anyone know what to do to get her back on-line as im totally lost.

Come on guys I thought you lot loved Vista, I hate it myself, there must be someone thats running a laptop with Vista on, off a wireless network?.

Back
Top Bottom