Having trouple sharing files on my network.

I thought of something last night. i tried to access the files on the family computer when it was on a different acount and it let me get to them. i have no clue y i didn't think of this earlier. thanks for all the help guys.

I'm having a hard time getting my network going now. Ever since that Counterspy screwed me up. I couldn't get the right DNS Server IP outside so I couldn't access ComputerForms.org. I can access any other sites but this one. It was strange.

If all fails, reboot PC, reboot cable modem, and reboot router in that order. I changed the settings in my firewall too because my IP scheme got all screwed up. Man, what headache. Finally I'm able to connect with everything.

So can you connect now to your other computers? I didn't know IP was so picky with user accounts. I thought as long as you include the IP address of a PC, it doesn't matter what accounts are setup for that PC.

yes it all works now. now i can access files form the family computer no matter what even if it's not signed into any acount, but i havn't tried it with it being off or sleep mode yet.

Back
Top Bottom