Have to reconnect to campus Wi-Fi every minute..

sndao

Beta member
Hello,

I have a problem where while I'm on campus, my wireless internet will start out with a strong signal when I first connect, then it begins to get very slow, and then to the point where I will get stuck in the middle of a load screen in my browser. I have to disconnect from the Wi-Fi connection and then reconnect. As soon as I reconnect, the internet will perform at high speed but soon after slow down and I will need to reconnect again.

However, in different places on campus my internet will stay at top speeds and I won't have to reconnect at all.

I'm guessing that in certain areas campus there is alot of disturbance with my wireless internet but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix or enhance my connect?

Currently using a Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card v4.170.25.12 (Last updated 09/12/07) and Windows XP if that helps any..

Thanks in advance for the help!

Not really. The signal strength is the signal strength. It does sound like there's interference. Maybe notify the campus tech team so they can look into it. They may not know that there are issues and it may be something they need to look into.

Most likely though, there are just dead spots. All wireless networks have them and there isn't anything you can do to your laptop to make them better.

Back
Top Bottom