Getting two PC's to talk to each other

Acccessme

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,
I have a little problem I have two PC that are plug to a two Cutting machine connected through a network cable using the nic on the motherboard and they are set with IP address and a subnet and they are working OK

Now I want the two PC to talk to each other so I got two Network cards and put it on those PCs and make a crossover cable. I configure the card with another IP and a subnet.... thinking that I will be able to see eachother but i haven't been able to solve my problem when i plug them there is no lights and it show that they are not plug in.

Any ideas anyone..

Thanks
JAC

If it has airport or wifi, you could set up a VPN (virtual private network) and use that too connect. I have never tried it any other way.

If I understand you correctly you have an onboard NIC that is connected to your cutting machine on both PC's. Then you bought another NIC and put it in the PCI slot on both computers and connected those cards to one another.

Have you installed the drivers for the second card?

When you look in device manager does it show up with no faults (no question marks)?

Are you sure your cable works? Have you tried another cable?

Also make sure when you are setting up the two (ones connecting the PC's together) make sure they have different IPs, the same default gateway, and are on the same subnet.

Airport? no wifi available. NetBooger, Yes the setup is like that and installed the drivers for the two PCI Nic cards... Now the IP and subnet are set for the internal NIC on both computers... Am I suppose to use the same subnet that those NICs use? or these pair of NICs are suppose to use a different subnet?
Cable works If I put them on the internal NIC on both computer they work just fine.. but when I move the cable to the PCI NIc card then I get the X that the cable is not connected.

A straight through patch cable wouldn't work rather than the x/o cable? My thoughts would be to buy a switch, plug both computers and the two Cutting machine(?) into it, and you shouldn't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom