Getting my laptop wireless..with a few problems of course

crimsonashes

Beta member
Hello all.

I have just recently purchases a linksys wireless router to use around the house with my IBM laptop. However, I also have a desktop computer that does not use a wireless card, but rather a DSL connection through a westell modem model 2200. I would like to have both on the network at the same time, my laptop wireless, and my desktop running as it has been. How do i go about such a procedure?

The desktop could run hardwire thought he router. If the laptop has a built-in wireless card then you don't need to buy anything else.

If you know what model router you have, we can help you set up the wireless.

Hello all.

I have just recently purchases a linksys wireless router to use around the house with my IBM laptop. However, I also have a desktop computer that does not use a wireless card, but rather a DSL connection through a westell modem model 2200. I would like to have both on the network at the same time, my laptop wireless, and my desktop running as it has been. How do i go about such a procedure?

a good idea is to plug your internet connection into your wireless router then have your desktop computer connect to the router via wired network cable. and finally use the wifi capablities of your laptop to connect to the wireless router. btw, what is the specific model name of your wireless router?

_______
My Personal Blog: BusinessGeeks -- Finding Offline and Online Businesses
My Website: Pinoy Compuworld - Computers and Information Technology for Pinoys in the Philippines

Back
Top Bottom