Frostwire shared by default

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
I know I ask a lot of p2p questions. I like to learn how they operate and appreciate you guys 100 percent for all your input. On frostwire it has the default share download files by default. Even the ones that aren't in the "share" folder. I believe they had a save and share folder and the files you download from frostwire would go to the save folder by default. And wasn't supposed to be shared and was. It says under download options in settings you can shared download files to unshared folders by default. Is this just meaning the files you download from frostwire or all downloads from other sources. Such as if you download an email or download from another source? I'm pretty sure it means downloads from the frostwire network but just clarifying.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2011/10/111011frostwirecmpt.pdf

Here is a link where it talks about this. Again thanks for all the help.

from what I understand.
the shared and saved folder will be shared.

if you save an email with a regular web browser it shouldn't end up in either of those files and should not therefore be shared.

why would you want this particular application that's proven to not act as it says, there are plenty of other file sharing applications out there.

I guess it was mainly the android app the ftc was complaining about. On the desktop it was misleading about files downloaded from that network being re stared. I don't care about files from the network being shared. I just didn't want it to be all downloads from my PC.

Back
Top Bottom