Error Code 0x80131700

LoremIpsum3236

Beta member
Hi
This is my first post, so I am hoping it is in the right place!
Up till recently, my laptop hasn't been recognising my wireless router :( if I try to troubleshoot the problem, it gives me "An unexpected error occured while troubleshooting" and then "error code: 0x80131700". I know the router is working 100% as all of my other computers are managing to connect. Please help!
I'm entirely new to forums, please forgive my ignorance!

hi there im new to it too....

well i dont know exactly what is the solution.

but what i can tell you whenever you get a problem like this
try to do a google search
for example: type 0x80131700 in the search engine box
you will get a list of related solution to it

http://www.google.be/search?q=0x801...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

you will get an idea where does the problem comes from

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Windows/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/2008-01/msg00093.html

i guess its a problem with ur windows i guess u need some more stuffs to install

What version of Windows?
How are you troubleshooting?
Is the wireless switch in the laptop on?
Are you trying to connect wirelessly or hardwired?
Are the other computers wireless or hardwired?

Up till recently, my laptop hasn't been recognising my wireless router
Do you mean the problem has starting occurring recently (which isn't what you're saying there!) If so did it start after you changed something specific, such as installed anything (any windows updates or a new application or similar)?

I'm entirely new to forums, please forgive my ignorance!
Welcome aboard :) Some of the best advice though when you're asking for help with problems is to give as much information as precisely as you can from the outset, and give it as clearly as you can - you just get lots of people asking lots of questions otherwise before anyone can help! Not criticising - but worth bearing in mind for the future :)

Back
Top Bottom