Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default DNS problem??

hello. I am a newbie & have been strechted to my wits end trying to figure out my problem. Which I'm sure is simple to you all. That is why I'm here & would greatly appreciate some help.

I can browse the internet without any problems at all. Just viewing pages, loging into sites that require logis, etc....All fine. But, I just signed up at Netflix at work today & all was well. I got home tonight & went to sign in on the login page. Once I clicked "login" after typing all my password info I get the good 'ol "this page cannot be dispayed" screen. At the bottom of the screen it says the usual "server problem or DNS error".

I can view all other pages on netflix(home, movie titles, Q&A,), but not the page that is supposed to come up once I click "login". I checked other sites & have no problem logging in. I called netflix & they logged in under their name too with no problem. I checked my LAN settings proerties & it is set up to "obtain DNS server address automatically" along with "obtain an IP address automatically" as well.

Agian I know this is likely something small & boring to you all, but I would appreciate any help.

ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike
Default Re: DNS problem??

It does sound like a dns issue- the weird part is it's for one page. It sounds like your computer has a bad page in the cache, and needs to be cleared.

Delete the Temp Internet files: IE (Internet Explorer) Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies and Delete files. Then try the site again. If you still get the same deal, try this

Go to a command prompt: Start>Run>Type "CMD" without quotes, hit enter
Type "ipconfig /flushdns
Wait a little while before you try and go back to the site- say 20 minutes or so. Let me know if either of these work. If not, there's more we can try.

Please Add To My Rep If I Helped You
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Beta Member
Default Re: DNS problem??

THanks. Yeah I've done both already & no success. Even clicking on the "click here" button where it says "having trouble signing in?" tkaes me to the same screen. I'm not very familier with how servers work & all, but it seems like when I try & request only sertain areas from their server it doesn't like it.

ryno is offline   Reply With Quote