Dial-Up vs. DSL convincement

wildcatfan14

Baseband Member
i have dial up internet and i hate it. it connect at 48.0 kbps most the time but it rujn really slow. i live in a rural area so it onlky has dsl or dial up from only one company. of caose i can satilite but it way to expensiove. we are paying 20 dollars for dial up. dsl cost 40 dollars. i cant get my parent convince to get it. i use the enet all the time and runs waay to slow for me. can anyone help me convince my parents. i have tried the u will like it thing or it runs fater si doesnt work. thanks

wildcatfan14

If you're connecting at 48kbps, that's pretty good for dial-up. Of course, surfing online all the time can be annoying, especially with all the graphics and differnt things in Web pages these days, it takes a while to download even simple sites. To convince your parents? They have to convince themselves. Are they paying the bill? If so, then they have the right to choose what they want to spend on Internet Connectivity. Sorry, but if they don't use it enough to justify $20 more a month, then that's their decision, and you have to live with that.
DSL is much faster than dial-up, offering up to 1.5Mbps download speeds, depending on how far you're away from the central office. Another alternative is to look into Intenret over power lines, which I've heard is pretty fast, and if you're electric company offers it, it may be cheaper than DSL. Check into that, it may be only a few more bucks a month, and that could convince them to switch. The only way to convince them is if you NEED to have the faster speeds- for school work, online classes, etc. If you can't give a good reason, why should they switch?

thanks for the help. thanks agian.

wildcatfan14

pctechmike said:
If you're connecting at 48kbps, that's pretty good for dial-up. Of course, surfing online all the time can be annoying, especially with all the graphics and differnt things in Web pages these days, it takes a while to download even simple sites. To convince your parents? They have to convince themselves. Are they paying the bill? If so, then they have the right to choose what they want to spend on Internet Connectivity. Sorry, but if they don't use it enough to justify $20 more a month, then that's their decision, and you have to live with that.
DSL is much faster than dial-up, offering up to 1.5Mbps download speeds, depending on how far you're away from the central office. Another alternative is to look into Intenret over power lines, which I've heard is pretty fast, and if you're electric company offers it, it may be cheaper than DSL. Check into that, it may be only a few more bucks a month, and that could convince them to switch. The only way to convince them is if you NEED to have the faster speeds- for school work, online classes, etc. If you can't give a good reason, why should they switch?

Back
Top Bottom