D-link/Videotron Problem,

Kamikaze7

Beta member
:eek: :eek: Okay... Geez, i wasnt too happy to see this many "d-link" titled threads, but oh well.... I recently got Videotron highspeed Internet, switched from Bell sympatico, and we went for the whole trio deal, Phone, cable, and internet, the internet on my older comp is running excellently, phones are nice, cable is good as ever, only problem is... im getting a "very low" connection strength on my Comp upstairs, im running a D-link wireless setup, 108mbps, Iv tried everything... looked for latest firmware, for both the adapter and router, i've run out of ideas... Any ideas or a complete solution to this would be greatly appreciated.. You have my email, or you could just post a thread. currently, im on my old comp ( one with router in ethernet ) because my pc upstairs doesnt have enough internet strength to run things like msn, or hotmail... Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated and quick!!! :eek:

are you just plain out of range?? Having the router at the lowest point doesn't help anything either.

so how far from the router to the PC?

Uhm, it isnt too far, about... 9-14 feet straight above... but with my other ISP i had no problems, just a bit of latency issues cuz the isp wasnt too great, so i switched. The connection str Before was always excellent, and everything was fine.

Was anything moved at all? Even a foot? It is very strange how wireless signals can drop from 5 bars to 2 bars just by moving a foot. If this is the same router, and you indicate it is, it should have nothing to do with the ISP. Try re-booting it (power cycle) and see if that gives you any results.

I have 2 d link routers, the DI-624 is terrible, i have to be within 10 feet of the router with nothing in between to get a signal on my notebook. I just got a DI-524 and it is much better. the router is hooked up in my basement, and I use my notebook on the second floor in my office.

Back
Top Bottom