D-Link DI-624 driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guitardude777

In Runtime
I have a D-Link DI-624 wireless router that is locking up every day now. It's driving me crazy! It locks up, I lose my internet connection, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in, then wait for it to reboot again for it to work. Does anyone else have this router and are you having this problem also?? Any idea of how I can fix it? If it's just the crappy router I'll go buy a better one, but I want to try and fix this first. If it's a crappy router, what's the best brand of wireless router I can buy?

It might be caused by an interference of your phone. If you have a 2.4 GHz phone then the phone will make the router lose its connection. Try going into set up and changing the channel of the router. If it still makes your router crash, find out if it is caused when using your phone if that is the case than replace your phone to a 5.8, because that will be the most likely cause of it.

I have that router at home and I have no problems with it. Have you tried a firmware upgrade?

Is it under warranty if so change it, it could also be a driver issue, a conflict with another driver program, is it getting hot? have you got it sited out in the open and not shut in a cupboard?

Back
Top Bottom