Computer isn't Detecting Wired Network

ukballer1012

Baseband Member
My house got struck by lightning, which you can read about here: http://www.computerforums.org/hardw...had-electrical-damage-108880.html#post1094607
and when I booted the computer up, everything ran fine, but it's not connecting to the internet, or even detecting the cat6 ethernet i have plugged into the computer. I know it's not the router (most likely), because it's working on all my other computers which are wired too and some that are wirelessly connected, with no loss of speed (it was 25mbps before and after the lightning strike). I have no clue what's wrong, whether it be something with the network or the computer is damaged itself. Thanks if you read all this, I appreciate your help.

Most likely your motherboard took a hit. Hopefully it as just the on-board ethernet port. A PCI NIC isn't very expensive (around $12-$15) by mailorder.

Yeah i agree with srollin go for a pci nic, you may have been lucky and only the Ethernet port was damaged, have you tried using a different cable at all?

Back
Top Bottom