Can't search fron the address bar

thewolfe1

Solid State Member
I just installed a larger hard drive and reinstalled XP.

Now when I try to search from the address bar I get the following message:"Service Unavailable - DNS failure. The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later."

I have checked under Tools/Internet options/advance and the correct "search" info is checked.

I have run Spybot, Adaware and AVG.

I have reinstalled Internet Explorer and installed all the updates.

I used the address bar alot to search using Google prior to the new installation. I don't want to install the google toolbar.

Also, it does not bring up the default MNS search.

I can use all aspects of the net and programs except for the address bar search.

Any ideas?

thewolfe said:
I just installed a larger hard drive and reinstalled XP.

Now when I try to search from the address bar I get the following message:"Service Unavailable - DNS failure. The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later."

I have checked under Tools/Internet options/advance and the correct "search" info is checked.

I have run Spybot, Adaware and AVG.

I have reinstalled Internet Explorer and installed all the updates.

I used the address bar alot to search using Google prior to the new installation. I don't want to install the google toolbar.

Also, it does not bring up the default MNS search.

I can use all aspects of the net and programs except for the address bar search.

Any ideas?

Address Bar Search? I've never used that before - if you put MSN as your homepage you can search all the time anyway?

Got it working. Tried numerous fixes yesterday w/ no help but today, All is well.

Thought I had restarted after some registry tweaks so who knows.

Thanks for the posts.

Back
Top Bottom