Can't connect to internet using ADSL

Serenade1

Beta member
For reasons unknown, my laptop simply cannot connect to the ADSL connection yesterday when it was able to connect all the time before. I didn't even use my laptop after the last time it was able to connect, which is two days ago. The username and password for the ADSL connection is always automatically filled on the computer. Whenever I try to connect it would give the following error:
"Verifying username and password: Error 691, access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain"
Then it would say some random nonsense asking me to check my username and password and also fill in the domain (but there isn't a "domain" typebox in the login pop-up?? It gave no hint where I can fill in this "domain"). I already retyped my username and password like a hundred times. I have the TCP/IP settings to "automatically assign IP address and DNS", but I also tried manually inputting my IP address as obtained from command prompt, but that didn't work either. The other laptop in the house is able to connect to this connection with no problem.
I tried to reset IP address; I am able to release IP after typing "ipconfig /release", however nothing happens after I type "ipconfig /renew"; around ten minutes later it would say something like "renewing ip address failed".
Does anyone know what's wrong with this connection?

I'm positive the username and password are correct (I also tried retyping it). It's automatically filled out for me, and I didn't change any settings.
Maybe it changed by itself? Or some other things wrong with my laptop's settings.

Back
Top Bottom