Can't access the internet

Tshimega

Solid State Member
Hi...

Yesterday I was trying to remove unwanted files/programs from my computer through the "Add/Remove programs" icon. I ended up deleting some Windows 2000 Hotfix KB??? files, about 3 of them.

Now I tried to open Internet Explorer then I get the message "Can't find 'www.wits.ac.za' Make sure the path or Internet address is correct". (www.wits.ac.za is my homepage}After I cancel that it does open the browser but nothing comes up.

Then on the address bar I type an address say 'www.yahoo.com' then I get a reply on the address bar "C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Desktop\www.yahoo.com". At the top bar there's a message 'Cannot find server - Microsoft Internet Explorer' and on the page 'The page cannot be displayed'. Once I load MSWORD and type the address on the page and click on it...the page does come up but not when I click on the IE icon. I did a Windows Update on the same PC and I went through the process of installing the recommemnded Hotfix Files but I still experience the problem. Please help....

System specs windows 2000 pro
Pentium III, 1 GHz, 128 MB
20 HDD....Thats all I know

System specs windows 2000 pro
Pentium III, 1 GHz, 128 MB
20 HDD....Thats all I know

the easyiest, way to fix something like this is to cheak that all your internet Connections are plugged in and are properly in and if they are in and u are running the internet off another PC in the house / Office then you will go it though neighbourhood what ever it is called but if that doesn't work then what you might hve to do is re - formatt the computer that would be the easyiestway to do it and then make sure u have everything correct - :) ;) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom