Can you get 2 or more WiFi signals to work together for better/faster Internet?

dekw04

Solid State Member
Hi everyone.

Is it possible to somehow get two or more WiFi signals (like your phone's WiFi signal and your router's WiFi signal, for example) to work together in concert to have better/faster Internet than one of those signals could provide on its own?

I know some people may be thinking, "Why even use cellphone Internet if you have access to a router's WiFi signal?"), but all the same, is it possible? I'm curious about this idea.

I think it could be useful to have two or more WiFi signals working together in concert when a given WiFi signal's speed is limited and greater Internet speed is desired. If two or more WiFi signals could work together in concert as I mentioned then one WiFi signal could essentially compensate for the other and vice versa. One WiFi signal would handle some of the WiFi data and the other WiFi signal(s) would handle the rest and in this way better/fast Internet speeds could theoretically be achieved as WiFi data would come from multiple signals instead of just one.

The end result would be the multiple WiFi signals working as a team which, if it were somehow possible, would (at least in theory) make for faster/better Internet than one of those signals could provide on its own. Again, I realize there are better options for faster/better Internet out there, but is this idea that I've been describing feasible (even if only in theory)?

If this could be done, it would mean you could use something like a public WiFi signal, for example, in concert with your phone's WiFi signal. You could use both signals with a laptop and get Internet speeds better than what either a public WiFi signal or your phone's Internet alone could give you on said laptop.

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it possible to get 2 or more WiFi signals to work together in concert in the manner described above to get better/faster Internet than one of those signals alone could provide on its own?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom