Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Can iPhones be hacked

Can non jail broken iPhones be hacked. I'm sure there is away but is it a big threat

Kingsford1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Can iPhones be hacked

Anything that has a direct internet connection can be cracked. Hell, even something that only connects via a physical firewall or proxied connection can be cracked if said cracker is determined enough.

(Cracker is the correct term, hacker just refers to programmers. It's a reference to 'hacking away at your keyboard'.)

However, though malware does exist for iOS, and it's fairly plentiful, the iOS app store is vetted, just like Google Play or Amazon apps. You'd be pretty unlucky to get malware if you are careful online, don't download anything dodgy and don't download apps from outside of the app store.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
In Runtime

I didn't even know there was apps outside of the App Store. Where do you get them at?
Kingsford1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Some people who write apps but don't want to hand a chunk of their income from said app to Apple or Google will distribute them elsewhere; they can be downloaded from various developer sites as package files or installers (effectively it's a package like what you download from the App store, but from a website or blog or whatever).

The majority of iPhone malware is hidden inside of packages masquerading as third party developed apps outside of the app store
Old 09-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

DarkSeeker is completely correct. Hacking (cracking) is normally done through malicious software (apps count as software). The other ways pretty much include direct contact, or having your bluetooth channels enabled, which does not happen if you keep a close eye on your device. But I doubt you are in any danger.

May I ask why you asked this question?