Can I use an access point like this....

xtremezx2

Daemon Poster
Ok, here's what I want to do. I have a paint picture below to assist with this. I wanted to get an access point to provide internet to my devices in my living room (on the right) from where my router sits in my bedroom (on left). The main cable comes in here so it is not going to be moved. Can I use an access point in this way, or is there something else I could buy to do this. I have the switch already and everything is wired up with a shared connection through my media center (usb wireless thing) and a hardwire out of the media center to the switch and everything else off that. I'm really just looking for a way not to turn the media center on every time I wanna play online with one of the other systems.
If anybody has some idea let me know, thats a lot.

Shot at 2007-07-15

cant you just move the router to the preferred place then just hook the pc up in your room via wireless?

no, because the line coming into the bedroom is a direct line from the box, all the other lines in the house will have more resistance because they are on splitters. This line was chosen because it has the least resistance in the line and would give the best connection. so no, this is not an option. I think its called bridging, but I haven't been able to find a lot about it. I have 3 weeks to get this figured out before I get my 360 and wanna be on live. :-(

Back
Top Bottom