Re: bt home hub wireless connection problems
ok i think i figured it out by pure luck. (2nd time lucky) so i will post my findings for anyone else that may have a similar problem.
I also have a wireless laptop, which was having the same problem, but today it seems to have fixed itself and connects every time on reboot, so my logical way of fixing my PC was to mirror all the settings of the laptop.
1) Got rid of any crap to do with BT and didn't bother using the CD, use windows xp to manage the wireless network, and make sure that the WCZ is enabled.
2) open wireless connection properties and generals tab, scroll down to internet protocol (TCP/IP) click properties.
3) make sure everything is set to auto.
4) General Tab click advanced
5) go to the options TAB and click on properties, make sure the "enable TCP/IP filtering (all adapters)" is UNCHECKED! This was the only difference between the laptop and the PC, the laptop being unchecked and the PC was checked, unchecked the box, restart, and my PC connected automatically with no problems.
Hopefully that is the end of that.