Bridge Router Questions/Issues

bdkjose

Solid State Member
First Question .... If I connect an IP device to my bridge router, would the bridge router provide internet for that device? I would think so right?

Second Question ... I have a 3 year old "Westell modem/wireless router" model# VersaLink 327W which I'm trying to use as my bridge router. Do I need to install DD-WRT firmware in order for it to work as a bridge router with internet?

I have my bridge router configured as best as I can. Primary router is 192.168.2.1 and bridge router is 192.168.2.2 .... The problem is that my bridge is not grabbing internet service wireless from my primary. I've spent 2 days reading on how to configure my bridge router, but still no luck. Any real networking guys on here that can help me out. All info greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

To answer your questions:
#1 - Yes, in theory that is the point of the bridge.
#2 - The bridge router has to specifically be designed to act as a bridge. I don't know about the modem/router you are using and if it will do what you want it to.

I've never had to do this myself, but here's some info that seems in-depth and might be helpful? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

I've read from that page before. The diagram on that page was helpful and its how I have my bridge router set up right now. Has anyone ever used this Westell modem/router as a bridge? I got it from my phone company which was Bellsouth at the time, now its AT&T service.

Looks like my problem is my ip for my gateway on the bridge router. When I ipconfig from command prompt ... my gateway ip is 192.168.2.2 which is not the gateway I want it to read ... I want it to read 192.168.2.1 in order to have internet access. Anyone know how to change this on the bridge router??

Hi there, I was wandering if anyone could help me with an annoying problem.

i have a netgear wireless n 150 adsl2+ modem router model dgn1000 and a linksys wireless-g ethernet bridge model wet54g version 1.1

My problem is the router is downstairs and my ps3 is upstairs, not very good wireless signal, what i am trying to do is to somehow connect the bridge to the router wirelessly while having the ps3 wired to the bridge and aquire the internet with better quality.

Another problem is that the bridge was given to me with no setup cd which makes things just that bit worse!

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom