Bittorent hogging my internet

vietster1

Beta member
Yesterday, I had a Virus attack, It screwed up everything, this virus disabled my Norton AV, blocked me from using Malwarebytes and combofix. then it shut down rundll, and turned My Computer into an non-designated file. My screen went black and all I could do was use task manager. So needless to say, rather than spending more than 15 minutes trying to fix the problem, I simply restarted my Vaio and hit F10 and restarted with a clean Windows Install. I reinstalled Bitlord, and did all my upgrades, the problem though is that when I am running Bitlord, it slows down all my other internet connections. It never used to do this. Well it did till I added RAM from 512 to 1.25 GIG. I have looked through all the settings, nothing seems to be set wrong. Am I missing something. I have done all my updates, Is there a cache setting I need to adjust or something? I dont get it, it would be nice to get a few suggestions. Also if the virus I talked about in the beginning sounds familiar, let me have any info you may have about it as well as a trick to getting things up and running again. By the way, I am running Mozilla Firefox now, and I love it. Much faster than IE.:)

If you go into preferences under connection => general settings, can you not enter a maximum upload / download speed? If you reduce this right down it should stop it hogging your entire connection.

I am aware of that, however before hand I had the downloads and uploads set to unlimited and diddnt have this problem. It is like something is bottlenecking my bandwith.

I would expect that to happen. I don't know how it was setup in the beginning but with unlimited bandwidth for both upload and download, I would expect the internet to come to a crawl. More RAM shouldn't effect the speed of the internet anyway.

Well here is the really strange part. When I am running bitlord, I can still download from the internet at perfect speeds. It just seems like my page loading is the only part effected. It was not like that before. From the time I double-click on Mozilla, it takes like 20 seconds before the page even pops up.

Might be to do with the maximum number of connections - can you restrict that anywhere in bitlord?

Could be with Firefox now too instead of bitlord. Try updating it or uninstall/reinstalling it.

Back
Top Bottom