Best router for a home buisness and wireless devices

bernie1011

Solid State Member
Hi
I have a small business at my home and have 3 computers hardwired to the router aswel as, SKY, Virgin and there are also 4 laptops in the house connecting wireless, and also mobile phones.

The wifi lacks alot and sometimes doesnt work at all. Im presuming the router cnnot handle so many devices working from it and therefore i have come to ask for your help. What would the best router be for me to use? What do i need to be looking for when purchsing a new router so that it can handle all these devices at the same time

wifi is also very week when entering a different room to where the router is so a good range is a must too

Thankyou

Last edited:
I'd go for a real gigabit wireless router; Cisco is always a good buy, though a tad on the expensive side.

I'd shy away from Netgear, they have not handled heavy loads very well for me.

Go the wan router. Controlling every internet connection in my home city….grunt…grunt…grunt. The temptation to packet sniff is overwhelming. If only I could turn it on for a second without a court order. Hhhmmm I wish our government were more relaxed about these things.

Just joking, sort of.
Dngrsone
Are you saying the wifi is 1 gigbit or the wire.

The wired ports: 10/100/1000; the best you can do for the wireless (unless you have Bill Gate's budget) is .11n

Just an FYI .11ac isn't far off and will be the new standard and will be listed as 900 MB (almost a gigabyte).

One more to think about is who is your internet provider is, as they usually have a list of preferred routers to use with them.....
I got caught out years buying a router that caused me nothing but trouble, would not work correctly with one provider but OK with another.;)

Back
Top Bottom