Belkin problem again!

Fallen80i

Solid State Member
Hey guys, this is my second problem with my router. First time I just couldnt connect on it through laptop, not it just wont work at all. I have everything plugged in, and I've reset both the modem and the router. All the lights are on on my modem, and all of the lights for my Belkin router are on except for the internet light. I can connect to the internet when I connect the modem to the computer, so its not the modem at fault. My router is a belkin f5d7230-4. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, this is my second problem with my router. First time I just couldnt connect on it through laptop, not it just wont work at all. I have everything plugged in, and I've reset both the modem and the router. All the lights are on on my modem, and all of the lights for my Belkin router are on except for the internet light. I can connect to the internet when I connect the modem to the computer, so its not the modem at fault. My router is a belkin f5d7230-4. Thanks in advance.

Like have the router going with the modem in and log onto my router through like mozila? I'm not sure what your talking about.

Kind of off topic, but I've had nothing but problems with Belkin equipment. We had a bunch of 4-port switches that we used in various locations and damned if every one of them didn't have connection problems. It became routine to just go around and cycle power on Belkin switches to restore connection. (Company was too cheap to actually replace the crappy switches with good ones). Sometimes it would just be one port that went out, other times the whole thing. I have had pretty good luck with Dlink and Linksys products, though.

How exactly did you reset the modem and router? Did you do a "hard" reset by unplugging the power cords to them?

To do a hard reset, turn off all computers and laptops connected to the router. Then unplug the power cords to both the modem and router and let it sit for a minute or so. Now plug the modem in first and wait for the lights to show it's connected and ready to go. Then plug in your router and wait for it initialize. Now you can start up your laptop/computer and they should re-establish a connection.

Okay thanks I'll try it. Ill get back to you with the results.

Okay I did it, and it still didn't work. Any other solutions?

You'll need to login to the router to see if it is getting an IP address from your modem. To do this, you'll need to connect the modem to the router then type the router's IP address into a web browser. If you computer is connected to the router, go to START > RUN > type CMD > in the black box that pops up type IPCONFIG > look for the DEFAULT GATEWAY > use that as the address that you enter into your browser. When you do that it will ask you for the Username and Password to login to the router. By default I think it is admin/admin or admin/{none}.

Once you are in the router, look for a status page. On that page it should show you what address, if any, you are getting from the modem.

Okay, I checked the internet statues and it said not connected.

Is there a specific thing I need to look at? Like Subnet mask ir IP Address?

Back
Top Bottom