Average US download speeds are faster but still subpar

I've had Comcast for about a year now and don't understand what others complain about. Their Customer Service is significantly better than any other ISP I've used over the past 20 years or more.

I get around 6Mbps upload and am perfectly happy with that as I don't upload much at all. Not sure why you would need faster uploads speeds other than if you use a Cloud based backup service.

Yeah I have comcast here in the Twin Cities and my parents have Verizon FIOS back home in DC. Both are totally fine in my opinion. They give great, friendly customer service and provide a stable, speedy internet connection. My only complaint is how expensive it is. While I can certainly pay what I pay and don't mind doing so, it is pricey. Too pricey. That's the point of this post. I'm not going to go protest outside Comcast HQ or anything but the internet situation in this country is of issue. We still lag behind many other developed countries in terms of average download speed and in terms of cost to get service. The monopolies that ISP's have in a given market are of concern.

Upload speeds don't really matter for me either. I barely upload anything. But for those that need it, the upload speed situation isn't great. FIOS matches upload and download speeds, but if you have to go with another company, most don't offer more than 50mpbs up from what I've seen. A youtuber wouldn't be too pleased with that I would imagine.

Yeah I have comcast here in the Twin Cities and my parents have Verizon FIOS back home in DC. Both are totally fine in my opinion. They give great, friendly customer service and provide a stable, speedy internet connection. My only complaint is how expensive it is. While I can certainly pay what I pay and don't mind doing so, it is pricey. Too pricey. That's the point of this post. I'm not going to go protest outside Comcast HQ or anything but the internet situation in this country is of issue. We still lag behind many other developed countries in terms of average download speed and in terms of cost to get service. The monopolies that ISP's have in a given market are of concern.

Upload speeds don't really matter for me either. I barely upload anything. But for those that need it, the upload speed situation isn't great. FIOS matches upload and download speeds, but if you have to go with another company, most don't offer more than 50mpbs up from what I've seen. A youtuber wouldn't be too pleased with that I would imagine.
For me, Comcast is much cheaper than what I had been paying previously but I would not be unhappy if I could pay less (especially now that I'm retired and have a fixed income). I know other countries pay less for a better connection. It really boils down to the greed of US companies. Have to get the money to pay those fat, over-inflated CEO salaries from somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom