Originally Posted by patsfan4liferjn
1. ya its definitly connecting to my router
2. ya its the correct password
3. i dont know where that is
4. yes im running xp ill look for that patch now ( i cant find that patch and how am i supposed to download it if i have no internet?)
im a noob so i dont know what OS means. the netbook is a asus eee pc.
OS - Operating System. You're running XP, so that's answered.
1. Try resetting the router and restarting/resetting the actual wireless connection from the laptop. Eee PCs have a hotkey to disable wireless/bluetooth.
2. Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections (Tab) > LAN Settings
Should be an "Automatically Detect Settings" box. Is it checked? If it isn't, check it and restart the wireless.
3. Click Start, then Run. Type in "cmd" and wait for the command prompt to pop up. Once up, type in the following:
Then restart the wireless, restart the laptop, and try again.
Let me know if none of these work out.
Oh, and to download a patch, either use another computer and transfer it via a USB flash drive, or connect the Netbook to the router with an ethernet cable.