Asus 1005HAB slow network connection

cDuck28Z1

Solid State Member
I just got an ASUS 1005HAB and have it connected to my wireless, but my connection is extremely slow. Im on a HP dv6 with an i7 and windows7 and have an excellent connection. I've updated my wireless drivers but that didn't help at all. Both systems have A/G/N networking cards but the ASUS kinda sucks. Could running XP instead of 7 be causing this?? Perhaps something else?? Please help

Thank you in advance:)

I've got the Asus 1000H and the wireless on this one works fine, so I doubt it is a problem with Windows XP. First of all, how far are you away from your AP? And, if you move close to it so you get full signal, is it still slow?

I've got the Asus 1000H and the wireless on this one works fine, so I doubt it is a problem with Windows XP. First of all, how far are you away from your AP? And, if you move close to it so you get full signal, is it still slow?

This is a awkward answer for me to give but here goes.. The answer is SOMETIMES. I have absolutely no idea why it would be doing this but up to this point the signal never gets higher than 2 bars except once or twice when i had FULL strength, but later (with nothing changing), it is back to one or 2 bars?? Recently (Within the last several hours), neither my netbook nor my fathers laptop can connect to the network. I reset EVERYTHING; unplugged and plugged back in the modem, hub, and wireless router. I reset the wireless back to factory settings, input a new password, pass key, pass phrase, and any other freakin Pass thing out there to all be the same so i can't mess it up.

I can see the network. I put in the correct password and it says "Connected!" but the icon in the tray still has a big red X over my connection and my Wireless Network Connection list still says "Not connected". The weirdest thing is that when i click on my network again, i have to DISCONNECT before i can connect again. I'm fairly savvy with computers and have set up several networks before but i have never seen anything like this; im completely stuck. My windows7 laptop still has absolutely no problem connecting too.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Whats with having a HUB? They can really slow down network traffic. You should be able to go right from the modem to the router. Doesn't the router have a built-in 4 port switch anyway? If you really need the hub, switch it out for a switch and see if that helps.

As far as connecting to the network, take off all the security and see if that makes a diffence. Make sure the proper settings are in the router (if you need any special settings from your ISP).

Back
Top Bottom