Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: another problem

i have tried the network setup wizard. do i have to do the wireless network and the regular network setup?

when i go through the wireless network setup wizard, it gives me two options, the flash drive or manually. when i go manually, it gives me some information for the other pc (SSID, Nertwork key, etc) where does this go?

How will i actually know if i get this set up correctly?

I found that I have the network set up...i think. I go my network places and i find a folder from my laptop on my desktop. but it will not let me open it says i do not have permission to open this folder. or the network location can not be reached. it will not show my desktop folder on my laptop network places

dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #12
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to majik Send a message via MSN to majik

if u have a wireless network then u set up wireless networking, go for the flash drive option, for u it might be the easiest way to configure your network.

I would recomend reading up on networking... google 'networking' or 'wireless networking', im sure there are plenty of good tutorials that are more clear than i could be and explain everything u need to know about networking

if your network is set up correctly then if u click on 'my network places' u should see the computers in your network

if u need some more help, or run into problems just ask some more, thats how we learn things, and thats why forums exist , were here to help

majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #13
Beta Member

BACK TO ME NOW hehehhe

i took my computer to a profesional so i dun need help any more ME SO HAPPY
SilentScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
Baseband Member

ok, got that to work. but i am having a problem that a lot of people are having...it says am not allowed to open the folder for my laptop. why is this?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #15
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to majik Send a message via MSN to majik

well, from what i know you can only acess folders in the 'shared documents' folder through a network, also make sure the permissions allow sharing, to check this just go to properties and look at the sharing properties. Make sure the computer that u are trying to connect to is ON, i forget about that one all the time ( make sure the computer u r trying to connect to is also configured to share through the network you set up, although i assume u did this already).
majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #16
Baseband Member

yes, i have configured both pcs for this network. the folders show up and they were both set up for sharing. i still can not let it open up my laptop shared folder from my desk top, but I can do it the other way around

and for some reason i syill can not get the printer to set up