Another gmail query

bluenose1940

In Runtime
My gmail was becoming very large and so I decided to tidy it all up a bit today.

I created numerous folders in which to transfer all those emails that I wanted to keep and proceeded to transfer them.

I obviously then had loads of emails that I no longer wanted and so I set about deleting them. When they had been deleted, I went into the 'Bin' folder and 'permanently deleted' them all.

Unfortunately when I went into the folders that I had created, in some instances there were no emails at all and in others there were nowhere near the amount of emails that I had transferred. When I first started doing the transfers into the new folders, I checked that it was happening OK and all seemed to be fine.

Does anyone know what has happened here please?

Don't know what happened, but you might want to contact google. They might be able to help if you.

I'll recommend changing to Google Inbox. That's their new Email client. Don't worry, it's the same email. It's just the UI that have been changed. I love it so far.

In that client you mark emails as "Done" and they all go to a "Done" folder.
You can also snooze them to deal with them later (you could do that in Gmail too, but this client just make it more pleasant to use).
You can ofcause also make new folders like in Gmail. To the right of every email (where you mark as done) you can click on "more to" and then choose a folder. it's an awesome and more clean looking UI. You should check it out. It might actually permanently fix your problem with mails getting too much.
Remember to also download it on the phone if you also use your phone to do emails. And delete the old client.

Last edited:
Hi again BikerEcho, Thank you for the information, I will probably do as you suggest. I have been looking for an emal address for Google but have been unable to find one. i want to explain my problem to them, not that they may be able to help much.
Are you aware of a contact email?

Thanks again for your help.

I am having trouble finding it myself. Not sure if they have a support email address.
I know that they offer direct contact to staff and even live chat on some of their services. Like Google Drive. But not Gmail. I am guessing too many grandmothers was writing in about how to email a picture from their Bahamas vacation. :D

They do have a help forum where members and staff can answer questions.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!home;lang=en

Thanks again BikerEcho, I have posted my question on that forum this morning so hopefully I will get a reply.

I just tried to install the Google Inbox and a message keeps popping up that says "You don't have any devices" What does that mean please?

Last edited:
I am guessing you are trying to send an install command from Google play on the PC to a mobile device.
Are you using Android?

If you want to get to your inbox on the PC. Go here and just sign in. (the top right)
https://www.google.com/inbox/
Hi again, I was just trying to download Google inbox, but got a bit confused with the options. I use an Apple iPhone 4s but can't get my head around the link between my phone and my pc in this regards.

I have had a very useful reply to my post on the GMail forum. I have given the link below, you are probably already aware of how it works anyway.

A Gmail Miscellany: How GMail stores your mail

If you have an iPhone you can't send an install command via google play. i think that's what you might have tried to do.
Just download it via the App store on your phone. It's easier. Just search for google inbox and you will find it.

On the PC you just click the link i gave you and then right beside the big blue button in the top right corner saying "get the app" you can see a link that says "sign in". Click on that

So instead of using the following address to get to your emails "www.mail.google.com", just go to "www.google.com/inbox" instead. That will take you to google's new inbox instead of the old gmail.

Back
Top Bottom