acquiring network address problem

dookie425

Beta member
Hoping for some help here.
I am using a D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N router running windows XP service pack 2. The adapter card is a Linksys WMP54G.

The wireless router works fine as long as I leave my network open (no security). When I try to use WPA security it will continually try to acquire a network address then says that windows could not locate a network code.
The WPA code entered for both the router and adapter card match. I have tried several different passwords and also reset the router to factory defaults. I set the router up again from the start but still get acquiring network address, windows could not find a certificate.
Obviously the problem is with the way I am setting up security but I do not have any idea where to go from here. I tried D-link tech support, what a joke that was.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

hmm. it supports wpa. thats wierd.
are you trying wpa or wpa2 security?
also, if you know how to, set wpa security then turn off dhcp, and connect manually to the router. if it works then its not an ideal fix, (as every new computer that connects will have to connect manually) but it will still work fine.

Back
Top Bottom