Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Hi, I am....
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #1
Beta Member
Angry Please Help!!!

Hi, I'm having a real problem with my laptop and after taking it to four different computer technicians I'm still no closer to getting the problem fixed!

I've got a Macbook Pro, it's about 8 years old and it's never ever failed me however after upgrading our Sky broadband at home, my computer is now crashing whenever it connects to our wifi so to use my computer I have to turn the Airport off so that everything else on my comp works as normal!

It doesn't do this with anyone else's wifi so if I need to use the internet on my comp I have to go to someone else's house which is a real pain in the behind!

I've had my computer looked at, it's been flattened and re-installed with a new system. I've been on to Sky and had them slow down the speed of our broadband which made no difference. I've even changed our broadband channel a few times which has also made no difference!

I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies, so any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!!!

Fliss Macuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Prince
Default Re: Please Help!!!

That definitely is a very interesting issue. I'd like to know some information first, do you know the exact model of the Macbook Pro? It would also be helpful if I knew exactly what you meant by "Crash." Does it just shutdown the Macbook Pro, or just disconnect it from the wifi?

PC SPECS: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zY6yyc
Craig Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Welcome aboard

Do you have wired network connection on you Mac? Did you try it?

I'm not familiar with the Sky broadband. Does it use a router? Did you ask the ISP to try a different router brand?
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

I am with Smart Guy on this one. The first thing to check is what happens when you connect to an eithernet connection.
Working on new projects and expanding our horizons. Come by and see what we're up to now. www.multirotorplatforms.com/forum.php
Draygoes is offline   Reply With Quote