Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Hi, I am....
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default New member

Hi everyone, my name is Tareq and I am a complete noob in the PC world. Like, an utter noob. All I know is a bit about GFX, that the 980Ti is the best and the 970 is best bang for the buck. I have been looking at other builds on the internet to try and copy some of them. The games I play are League of Legends and CSGO. I plan on playing the Division and Hitman in the near future. Also I want a PC that doesn't go outdated in a year or two. I still want the ability to play future games. Now I am not looking for 4K gaming or the oculus rift thing. Just a good setup to be able to play most of games out there. This is the best setup i have came up with, still needs a power supply, a monitor and a keyboard. If someone can suggest any of the missing parts, it would be great. Don't be shy to bash on it, if there is anything wrong with it, pls let me now.

Intel Core i5-6600K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic - System Build - PCPartPicker

tareq gabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: New member

Welcome aboard

I suggest starting a thread about this in on of the technical forum sections. This place is for introductions and many members don't come here to see it.

Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: New member

Welcome. Good to have you.

Just a quick correction if you don't mind.
The 980ti is actually not the best GPU on the market. That honor goes to it's big brother the Titan X. The 980ti is essentially a Titan X but just with a GM200 chip with some disabled streaming multiprocessors. But they perferm very close.

Now, to your build.
I'll highly recommend waiting for pascal (Nvidia's new series). It is right around the corner.
The 1080 is gonna be released in June, and the 1070 (the one you want) is properly gonna be released within a month after that.
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 512GB - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is online now   Reply With Quote