new guy

Distilled water is not non-conductive, it's just less conductive than regular tap water. In any case, water (whether distilled or not) is also a universal solvent. So, if there is anything conductive in your loop (like copper, for example) you can be sure it will end up in the water eventually, lowering it's resistance. But anyways, that's awesome that you've had good results so far and haven't destroyed anyone's system yet. You're obviously willing to take a calculated risk that I wouldn't take, especially with someone else's hardware involved.

By the way, I did see that motherboard submerged in a fish tank full of mineral oil thing. A cool idea, but a novelty at best. The actual results from that little experiment wasn't any better than a decent air-cooling setup from what I remember. That system wasn't even a high end gaming system. The whole thing was more of a proof of concept than anything else and has no real practical application.

yeah I got my intel 970 at 4.5ghz and my 2 590s 720 core 1900 memory water cooled. Just wish Ivy bridge that is coming out is a better overclocker.

My back up rig is water cooled with an Intel 930 4.2ghz and my gtx 680 was 60 on air full load now its 37 water cooled.

yeah I got my intel 970 at 4.5ghz and my 2 590s 720 core 1900 memory water cooled. Just wish Ivy bridge that is coming out is a better overclocker.

My back up rig is water cooled with an Intel 930 4.2ghz and my gtx 680 was 60 on air full load now its 37 water cooled.

It kinda surprises me that you're an Intel guy. Not that there is anything wrong with Intel, but I was led to believe that a lot of overclockers prefer AMD as their motherboards seem to have a lot more overclocking options as opposed to their Intel counterparts. That's also been my experience as I've had both Intel and AMD systems and overclocked both types. The AMD motherboards I had did seem to have a lot more overclocking options than the Intel boards I had. I suppose it could have been just a coincidence...

Back
Top Bottom