HP Mini toast?

MattJ812

Beta member
Hello, I'm new here I've been looking around but I'm coming up short, my wife's HP mini suddenly died and I was hoping you guys could help me.

When you plug the adapter in with the battery present, the light by the power input glows blue, then orange, I think that means charging? Without the battery present, the light stays blue.

In either case, when you press the power button the light goes off and nothing else happens. :ermm:

HP support said the motherboard was bad and they want the same price we paid for the mini to fix it, it is only 16 months old.

It is an HP mini 210-2081NR.

I'm pretty good with desktops but I know nothing about laptops, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, for HP portables, the light goes orange to indicate it is charging.

From the description you give, I'd tend to agree with HP on this one-- it needs major repair.

You could try replacing the power brick and see if maybe the problem resides there, but that is a long-shot.

I take it this item came with only a one year warranty? Is there an extended warranty through the seller, perhaps? Otherwise, you might be better off buying a replacement unit and selling the damaged one off on eBay as-is/for parts to recoup a little bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom