Hi, Heiden Here

That's because no one did their homework. They're dumb asses with a degree.

I'm sure that if I look around hard enough (and probably not that hard) I can find instaces of people confusing bytes with bits. How many times have we (incorrectly) said "CPU" instead of "processor"? My guess is every time. How about RAM? How about Linux? It's not like we are all trained and experienced computer engineers in here... Not everyone knows memory refers to "RAM", not everyone knows their hard drives have 1TB of space instead of 1Tb.

Confirming if they are the same person shouldn't be that hard. Admins have access to people's IPs. Unless this is a very dedicated troll and is using proxies to login, finding out would be just a matter of time.

Hmm I'm not a troll nor do I think the op is one.

I selected my name hoping that people who have worked in the computer industry since I started repairing mainframe computers in 1967 would come on here and talk of their past experiences.
I repaired mainframe computers for 25 years with Univac now known as Unisys. I left them, opened a computer store and built systems for 10 years before retiring.

Some of the early systems I worked on had vacuum tubes and core memory was built by hand in Salt Lake City.

I'm curious what you people do for a living. Do any of you work in the computer industry?

Not me. I'm just a Technical Secretary. No idea why they call me Technical other than working in a technical department. Perhaps cuz this job requires some more computer skills than what a regular secretary knows; e.g. hardware maintenance. I only have ~12 years of career experience in only one job.

The name Univac is misleading because in the trade it means air conditioning and heating.

I'm a retired mechanic but I went to college for system analyst. I dropped out because I liked working on cars better.

I've worked in the tech field since 1971. I have an AA in Electronics and a BS in Management. Started out as a Technician but switched to programming in 1986 and retired as a Senior Software Engineer from Oracle in Jan 2016. In Feb 2017, I was bored so took a job as a Robotics Process Automation consultant where I am sent to client locations to help them automate processes to use a software robot to do things currently done by a human. I am getting the itch to retire again and am seriously considering retiring at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom