Hello need help with future overclocking set up

nexviking

Beta member
Hello Im new to computer forums

I know some about computers, but i dont know alot about over clocking. Im wanting to build a new pc for games, with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P revision 1.1 mother board, CORE 2 Quad Q9300 FSB of 1333mhz, now here is what i dont know. I read this some where ( Core 2 technology benefits from RAM running synchronously with the FSB 1:1) if this is true I need memory at 667mhz to work the best . now i have 4 gigs Gskill of ddr2 at 800mhz will it work just as well to down clock it to 667mhz?
And I will run three os systems on the computer 2000,xp 32, win 7 64, not sure if i will use 2000
I would like to over clock the proccesor to 3ghz.

I will upgrade the proccesor later on to somthing arround Q9550, and wanted to use 8 gigs of ram for win 7, would 800 mhz memory work fine or should i use 1066 down clock?
I will do some overclocking-not a lot at first, at least till I get a better understandig of overclocking.

Any info would be great
Thanks for any help I can get

Last edited:
Welcome.

Personally, 4GB is more than enough for gaming; I run all the latest kick-ass games with 4GB DDR3 SD-RAM (1600MHz Corsair) on Windows 7 32-Bit and get flawless performance, regarding RAM.

Unfortunately, I know not about that processor and what you quoted regarding the RAM thing, but all I can say is, generally speaking, use a higher frequency RAM if you can.

Back
Top Bottom