Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Beta Member

Question Any advice on best tutorial type for Adobe master collection?

Hi everyone. I am hoping that this is the place that I can get advice on the best route to take so as to teach myself the more advanced aspects of each of the Adobe master collection modules. Would the DVD tutorials be adequate? or U tube? or actually doing a course through some college...?

chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Any advice on best tutorial type for Adobe master collection?

YouTube is a fantastic please to find help.
Fine some "getting started" videos and then just dive into it.
Any problems you find or some things you don't know how to do, Google it.
You learn faster by actually doing it.

You could also give Linda.com a try. It's not free (well, the first month is), but i have heard good things about it.
They have a large collection of tutorials. Tutorials you might not find on youtube.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I Echo Bikers (Giggle) post. A lot of the getting started stuff does not work as well as you would want, but that is because a lot of it is outdated.
I would also recommend that you play a lot. You learn more that way. It might not sound right, but it really does work.
Even Cynthia (TTM) learned how to use GIMP by playing with it until she was happy.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #4
Beta Member

Thank you for the input.
I have used u-tube a couple of times. The problem has been the TIME factor in trying to find the one answer to one problem.
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Adobe DVD tutorial route, where each module is separately discussed. Photoshop tutorial. In design tutorial. Illustrator tutorial etc. etc.. for the Cs5 or Cs6 creative collection.
I am self taught and have successfully expedited commissions requiring illustrations and cartoon drawings and also book layout with pics and text. But I need to know more about short-cuts and more efficient and effective way of working with and integrating the modules to work hand in hand etc. I need 'advanced' training now.
My present thinking is that The DVD-route offers me a hands-on library...? I study one module at a time and will know where to look if and when I get stuck...? (time saving?) Are these DVDs comprehensive enough though? Especially if troubleshooting?
u-tube is a back up plan...(but so far has been rather to time-consuming in the search for what one needs... ) ( can one 'save'/download those clips to keep on hand?)
Correspondence course through a College gives me a certificate (which I don't feel I need as I work for myself ,as you either DO know how to use a rogram or you don't at the end of the day?) But this route does offer a backup of a direct line to a PERSON one can confer with if need be....
Most cost-effective route is another factor; without compromising learning new skills..
I aplogize for sharing my dilemma this way. I do hope to get alternative suggestions and advice though... to help me know which route to go.
Thanks for your time/
chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

buying a physical media (DVD's in this case) is starting to become oldschool.
What does those DVD's cost? I bet they are more expensive than a year subscription to sites like Linda.com

Tags
adobe illustrator, advice, tutorials