ZoneAlarm?

1337DuD3 said:
YOur best best is to have Zone Alarm Firewall, WIndows Firewall turned On, a router, and a bunch of antivirus and antispyware programs. Nothing beats a triple firewall!

Or two routers in series Lan <-> Wan configuration, Auth server and software firewalls.

Hmm a little too much for a home networks - lol ;)

BullDog(UK)

Yeah, two LANs and a WAN configuration as well as a firewall on all the computers shoudl easily stop anyone. Heck, put Linux on the other computers, that way they'll have to by pass those Linux firewalls to get to your XP firewall, and even then, good luck!

i thought rock beat tripple firewall, or is that paper? (<<< worse joke ever)

anyways ive been using zone alarm with avg antivirus for almost 6 months now i think, and have never had a problem. combined with a couple of anti spyware programs and my router ive never had a problem that was not a result of me doing something extremely stupid.

you guys are all paranoid, i have no firewall, no antivirus programs at all, and i have never gotten one virus, or anything

pshaw, but i do use linux a lot, so i dunno

haha! Wow...no viruses!

Reality check!

If you DO NOT have an antivirus program, you DO have a virus. They make not make any noticable affects on your PC, but trust me, they're there. Simply wandering on the internet will give you one. Don't believe me. Download NOD32 from http://www.eset.com and run it. See what you get...:)

sk8ngame said:
you guys are all paranoid, i have no firewall, no antivirus programs at all, and i have never gotten one virus, or anything

pshaw, but i do use linux a lot, so i dunno

I don't understand people like this. They think there's no need for antivirus software or firewalls.

"Oh, I just browse the net with nothing at all! la la la la la!"

People like this NEED to be hacked so they can see the light.
If you don't use firewall protection (More so with Windows), someone will turn your PC into a nice little Bot infested machine and start all kinds of crap! You better do a scan now or else pay for it later.

Right, This is the best way to have your internet set up unless you can go with NTL.

Get a good provider (NOT Tiscily!) like OneTell, were you can get free phone calls too with unlimited 512 BB conection 256 upload.

Then get a Belkin or a Lynes Modem Router (wireless is better, i would get this as its cheeper when you calculate the cost your wiring.)

Set it all up, then disable the crapy windows firewall which i know people have got though many a time. Put McAfee Security Center on there with AntiVirus and Firewall and Spam killer. Set this for suto update once pc is load.

Back
Top Bottom