ZoneAlarm?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Some people have told me that the free ZoneAlarm firewall is very good? I am wondering if someone has used this and can tell me their comments.

Thanks,

Matt

I use it and it is very good. Download it and try it. I think the site is www.zonelabs.com. They also have some free trials of their antispyware and antivirus suites and stuff.

i have used it, and i liked it....it worked just fine. And, that article that Quinton linked to actually is about the fact that the report that zone alarm had a flaw in it was incorrect (not to mention the article is from july 8th, 2003).

Well I have downloaded it, but am going to install it on both on my networked computers tomorrow...I will be sure to let you know what i think after a few days.
Thanks for your comments...

Matt

If your behind a Router on Broadband, then zonealarm is ok, BUT <--- big but. If your not behind a Router then don't use Zonealarm as it's very easy for someone to force Zonealarm to shut down, it's a common issue that they've not fixed.

Try something like Kerio personal firewall 4.2.2 or similar.

BullDog(UK)

I use Zone Alarm and use it as my main firewall.

My friend is a hacker (well he practises, but not dangerously), and tried to hack mine and couldn't. It just kept stopping him, so it must be working, and hes rather good.

Alot of hackers out there won't be that experienced, and the ones that are, probably wouldn't bother going any further than my mate did to get in, as they'd be no point for them to. They'd go for bigger things.

As long as you don't have any left open ports, you should be fine.

But yeah, I trust it with my computer :)

Back
Top Bottom