Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default which zenbook ?

Hey guys I'm new around here and would love a few opinions on my "issue". I recently (yesterday) purchased the newest zenbook touch with the i5 4gbs ram and 128gbs ssd. While the performance is generally really good and I love the form factor i do have a few concerns ...after doing some reading I found out it is very difficult or impossible to upgrade the ssd and def impossible to upgrade the soldered ram..I wanted to ask opinions from u guys about the importance of the touchscreen .. I purchased a mouse and although its a nice option I don't find myself using the touchscreen often .. I was considering returning the laptop and purchasing the non touch model which still has the 1080p screen but has an I7 and discrete graphics by nvidia ...I can't think of the exact model #. It has a larger 500gb hd and 24gb ssd . The ram and ssd are upgradable. I'm thinking with those upgrades that that zenbook would be very powerful and more capable of light gaming and of course more storage ..any input would be appreciated

firmbiz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: which zenbook ?

The non touch screen seems like a better computer. The upgradability better CPU/gpu and larger amount of storage is a big plus, but the touchscreen could be a big selling point if you're into that kind of thing. Take a look at your other post if you plan on keeping the touchscreen model.

Cortb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Solid State Member

After using it for a few days I find myself rarely ever touching the screen ...I use a mouse mostly and the lack of upgradability erks me ..its would be great if they had the dedicated gpu model with a touchscreen but alas...I think the i7 chip , the graphics and upgrades make it an overall better choice ...has anyone used one after the upgrades to ssd and ram ? Also its pretty much the same size right? Bc I love the form factor of the zenbook touch ..I'm considering returning this to bb...and buying one already modded with the ssd and ram from a website I found looking around....I know I can go more for less if I didn't need such a small package being I already have a work full sized laptop
Old 03-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Solid State Member

Has anyone used the ux32vd ...the site I'm looking to buy from says there is a WiFi issue with all zenbooks and u need to turn Bluetooth off for it to work ? Has anyone heard of this ?