Z-5500 through Xbox 360 sounds better

Kage

Golden Master
You know what I've just realised? Wondering why though...

My Logitech Z-5500 sounds very limited, and closed (you may not know what I mean) when running on my sound card, with direct connections.
Very dissapointed with the sound to tell the truth...

Yet, it sounds perfect plugged up to optical through the Xbox 360...as I've just tried. All music sounds clearer and more defined, through Dolby Pro Logic 2 especially.

Would it just be the fact its running through optical, and my ears can tell the difference?

I would have thought my sound card would sound better, but its not the case, especially in music.

My sound card only supports Coaxial, so I may have to try connecting the system up through that if I can get the connector for it to make it work, through that X-fi flexi-jack thing.

Anyone witnessed this?

Hmm... its weird indeed...

Music sounds a lot more compressed and colder running through the Direct connections.
It may be something the X-FI is doing, I don't know :(

But yeah, I'm running music through the Xbox 360 instead until I get the Coaxial sorted.

My ears are very sensitive though. I can tell small differences. Whereas people sometimes can't tell 128 to 192kbps, and 192 to 256kb/s, I can, if the files been converted right

Back
Top Bottom