Your Say - Socket 939 Computer Specs

prosser13

Daemon Poster
OK, so I just thought that maybe I could get some suggestions from all you loyal AMD supporters out there. My budget is max £550, and these are my ideas :

Abit AX8 with Guru clock
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 90nm Venice core
120GB hard drive

I need the rest. The graphics card does not have to be amazing, most probably the most intense game I will be playing before Christmas is Age of Empires 2.

My only problem is with the Venice core. I know that the for a while after the Winchester core came out AMD were still perfecting their fabricating process, meaning the first CPUs off the line were not as good as the ones now. So I thought if I bought a 2800+ Winchester core after the Venices came out, and got it for £60, then when the Venice cores have improved I will get one of them, and then use the 2800+ for purely overclocking purposes.

What do you guys and gals think, and do you have any ideas for the specs for my new pc?

I've played it, liked the game, but I haven't bought it. Maybe I'll have another look at getting it.

Cheers.

No rake, ytou cant say that. You dont even know about Venice do you? A guy over at XS has it aND ITS PHENOMINAL. Winny's are going to the dust come April 4th.

Back
Top Bottom